The hunt to trek to a snowed out place started somewhere in Feb we (me) and my buddy (Mohit) knew that we will have an extended weekend coming out during Holi weekend (27th March).
So we had 28 march to 1 April (5 days) but unfortunately due to some leave issues 1 day was cut short. So now we will start on 29th and we have only 4 days from Delhi to Delhi.
The 1st choice was Madhmaleshwar – after enquiring we were told we can’t do that as kapats will be closed and we will not be allowed to go.
2nd came Kuari Pass – Again permission issues and we were not sure if we can do it in that short time period.
3rd was Beedni Bugyaal – Initial enquiry news from village WAN (trek to Beedni starts from WAN) was not so convincing. Padam Singh Bisth our contact in village WAN on 18th March that it’s is not possible to do Beedni by the dates we were planning. We hoped against hope and checked for present conditions on 25th March. The news was not very encouraging as Padam singh again said that no-one has gone to Beedni this year and he is not sure if we will be able to make it to the bugyaal due to heavy snow this season. We had no choice but to take a 50-50 chance ; and we thought whatever we will see how far we can go. First problem resolved , so we were sure now that we are going to Beedni Bugyaal.
Second big question was which route to take –
- Delhi – Almora – Tharali – Lohajung
- Delhi – Rishikesh – Karanprayag – Tharali – Lohajung
There is not much of a difference as both will differ only by 10-15 kms at the most.
So this is what we decided lets enter from Almora and exit from Rishikesh. This way will not have to see the same road twice and will have something new to see during return journey.